I just finished watching the godfather movies (again) and I can’t help but be moved by the lessons shared. It is such a powerful story and a powerful message.
I don’t think anyone can watch those movies without being effected. Though I think everyone finds different messages.
These are the 10 that stood out for me.
I would love to see you add to it with your thoughts.
1. Doing everything and anything to protect your family is good, but don’t lose sight of what is important. Nothing can replace love and affection.
2. Lying, even for the right reasons is wrong.
3. Betraying yourself is the biggest sin, it eats you up.
4. Fear is an effective motivator, love is better.
5. If loyalty only is skin deep, it isn’t loyalty at all.
6. Family is the most important thing – The Corleone Family did get this point right.
7. Communication is required – It would have saved Michael all his grief. Fredo wouldn’t have betrayed him, Kay wouldn’t have left him and everyone wouldn’t have feared him.
8. Violence only breads violence.
9. A man with a vision can do anything.
10. Accomplishing everything means nothing if you have no one to share it with.
These 10 lessons got me thinking and has helped me calm down, refocus and find what is important in my life, my family, my friends, my health and our happiness.
Take some time to think about what is most important to you and give it some extra effort.